Subject Author Posted Replies

Sound Technology ST-1700B distortion analyzer measurement pegs meter on low range.
One of my ~30 year old Sound Technology distortion/power analyzers has a problem. It's been sitting around for a number of years because I had a spare. The symptom is that when you are measuring...
7
7

Schematics & standards
Someone else made a comment in another thread here about weird schematics (like for home appliances). Wanted to get a small discussion going on that topic. My take: there are good and bad standards...
48
48

Yamaha MM8 synth: Every 6th key dead
Hi, Hac anyone experienced or repaired a Yamaha synth with this symptom? I suspect it might be a loose keyboard connector or something. Thanks for comments and suggestions. regards Geir
3
3

Fusible resistors queries
When did they first arrive and do they always have an unusual body colour? There is a patent reference to 1977 but when would the first appearance in domestic equipment have been ?. Resistors that...
10
10

Sony KV27FS210 stopped working
TV is about 6 or 7 years old and had been taking a while to come on for several days. I'd turn it on, the red led indicator would blink a few times, then it would take a few minutes for the picture to...
6
6

Soundcraft series 1600 studio mixer console
24 channel 8 foot long beast with analogue meters and patchbay. Would this sort of kit be made with convenience of repair in mind. ie props and cable extenders designed in ? Would it be a 2 man job to...
3
3

relay
Hi! On this Samsung Mdl HCL4715W, Relay8128 on the deflection board is shorted to ground on both power conections, this is with the relay out of circuit, should that be? I'll probaly have to orcer a...
6
6

PAT testing. Anyone else think that sometimes, it causes damage ?
Following on from my post of a couple of days ago, looking for a schematic set for a JVC with a dead radio section, not having found one, I had a little search through my extensive stock of JVC...
22
22

Bentley 100C B&W portable TV.
frame collapse. trace the wires back from the yoke to the pcb, look for an i.c with at least 6 or 8 pins, probably heatsinked, or a pair of transistors. start there. check there is a supply voltage,...
2
2

Pioneer VSX-T49X, no pre-amp out.
If you feed a signal into the L,R power amp inputs of this Pioneer VSX-T49X, the speaker output is fine. However there is no pre-out signal on any channel on any source. I did a system reset but still...
2
2

Sony PVM-2950 Horizontal Pincushion Problem
Hello, I have Sony PVM-2950 with pincushion problem. The image bows toward the center of the screen from both top and bottom. I believe this symptom is called "horizontal" or "north- south" pincushion...
9
9

Here we go again. JVC schematics, anyone ...??
Why is it that no matter how many of a manufacturer's schematics you've got in the filing cabinet and on CD, going back to the dawn of time, you've never got the one you want, when you most need it...
4
4

Latest PbF crap
Celestion Truvox 1520 , 15 inch speaker, intermittant. Under the dome so needing partial cutting, where the tails join the voice coil wire . Under the black lacquer, about 5mm diameter lump of nasty...
2
2

Carlsbro Showman parametric/1 oscillating amp , 1990
1 channel good the other one even with a 27 ohm load oscillates at 65 percent of mains and above, bursts peaking at 40 KHz dropping back to much lower f, extinguishing and restarting over 5 seconds or...
5
5

GE Cordless Phone Speaker Problem
Dear Everyone: I have used my GE cordless phone for several years. It stopped working suddenly a couple of days ago. The problem is as follows: When I pick up the speaker and press the PHONE button,...
4
4