Subject Author Posted Replies

Purpose of fuse in televlision
I took apart the television I've posted about and there is a fuse on the power supply board and it's blown. It was blown (and the home circuit breaker was tripped at the same time it iseems) when a...
32
32

Audio jack socket broke??
I built myself and audio amplifier circuit to play music from an old phone through to a worked fine for a while, then the phone stopped playing to the amplifier. The sound was still coming from the...
14
14

Ampeg V5 power transformer
I have a V5 here with an open primary. This uses 4X 6550 outputs and supposedly the trans is a weak link. Does anyone know of a drop-in replacement? Three secondaries: 6.3 fil drawing 7.5 amps, B+...
11
11

Live news
I normally don't watch or read any news because it is boring. But with Ukrainia going on I am for the first time interested. I only have Internet on my cable. Nothing else. Is there a good web site...
12
12

What is wrong with the west when it can't deal with russia?
Vlad V. Putin will take over all of eastern europe unless the weak west pulls together to kick russia out of SWIFT.
9
9

Cleaning keyboards & mice & phonesa with alchol
I googled and found that alcohol is a non conductor. why? Why is rubbing alcohol not conductive? The articles said nothing is completely non conductive but using rubbing alcohol while things are...
32
32

Lumenair 9200psu
Anyone had any dealings with this psu, or have a circuit diagram ?
8
8

USB-A charging brick voltages of 12V & 9V & 5.2V & 5.0V & 4.6V
Are the multivoltage smarts in the phone or in the USB-A charging brick? In my wall wort box were a dozen USB charging bricks. Removing the duplicates, the varying voltages & current outputs were...
1
1

Studer reel to reel repair?
Anyone know of someone anywhere near SE Michigan that does repairs on pro reel to reel tape decks?
1
1

I can't find my remote
I can't find my electronic remote. I had it only a few days ago. But now I can't even find it. Where can it be?
16
16

Fun Definitions Found Recently
1 Ohm. Was defined as the resistance of a column of mercury (at the temperature of melting ice) of a uniform cross-section of 1 square millimeter and a length of 106.30 centimeters. 1 Volt. Was...

Heat source from 24v ac solution
I need a resistor idea or lightbulb to get some heat to keep a camera warm. the supply voltage in the camera is 16-24 ac and if it can be the size of a aa battery or smaller . Thanks for any ideas.
10
10

Calibration procedure of HEATHKIT IM-2202
Hi all out there.... I've got an old Digital multimeter that need an calibration. It's a HEATHKIT model: IM-2202. I found a schematic on the net, but no calibration procedure. I think I could find...
2
2

solidifying toroid core position and windings?
I just finished making up a multi order HF band pass filter for one of my ham radio bands. A friend wants me to make one up and send it to him too. I'm leary of this because I used toroid cores....
8
8

What's the tangible difference to the user of Docsys 3.0 vs Docsys 3.1
*What's the tangible difference to the user of Docsys 3.0 vs Docsys 3.1?* The only disadvantage, that I can think of, to owning your own modem is that it's most likely locked to Docsys 3.whatever (at...
1
1