Heat source from 24v ac solution

I need a resistor idea or lightbulb to get some heat to keep a camera warm. the supply voltage in the camera is 16-24 ac and if it can be the size of a aa battery or smaller . Thanks for any ideas.

Reply to
Grand Beach Rentals

Many voltages and configurations available.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

Always learning something new (for me). Wonder what else Amazon has hidden ?

KenW

Reply to
KenW

G B Rentals wrote: ===============

** Like all " cameras" are the same size and shape, all made from the same material all do the same job.

FFS - post details of the camera and the actual problem.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Nest doorbells battery version wont charge at -5c and below, even when they are wired. As a temp fix in the winter i want to use a small heat source so the battery will charge. I will test with a lightbulb from the old doorbell to see if it has enough heat, looking for something a little warmer. The battery is located on the back metal plate so a bulb against the back may actually work. Here is a teardown of the unit

I have a wired version no issue however I am looking to switch over to their new platform and features of version 2 hello with battery until the no battery version 2 is out.

Reply to
G B Rentals

G B Rentals wrote: ===============

** Now you tell us?

The "Nest" doorbell/ camera is NOT intended for outdoor use.

  1. It ain't one bit water or moisture proof.
  2. It will not *work* at -10C or so.
  3. The Li-Po battery will not charge at -5C or below.

It will need a *heated* water proof enclosure to use outdoors.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It is IP54 rating it is made for outdoors. They work fine when they are protected under a standard overhang. I have a wired nest at one of my homes and its been great for 4 years, this is just a new version with battery option but it can be wired which fails charging at low temp- bad design should not matter..

It's a doorbell, doorbells are intended for outdoor use.

It will work at -20 problem is the battery wont charge at that temp is the issue , . No need to "chime" in on this one if you think it is not intended for outdoor use. as you do not know the product.

Reply to
G B Rentals

Please ignore the Drongo from Down-Under. It lives in wretched little world entirely of its own making, and is to be pitied.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

Amazon is one of the great aggregators in the retail industry. My personal favorite:

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

Once again, twit - if you are so smart, why aren't you rich?

Reply to
Peter W.