Zenith T.V. PV4655LK9...need some advice

I was blessed with a free t.v. from a friend of a friend....it was working fine for about a month, then the picture went out...there is still sound, but no picture....does anyone have an idea of what this could be, though I know this may be a long-shot question to ask?

Thanks!

--
CTORO
Reply to

CTORO:

I tried to find an owners manual for this particular unit, but I found nothing available on the Zenith/LG website. It is possible you lamp has gone out, but I need more details. Are there any flashing lights on the front? Were you there when you lost picture? Did you hear a popping noise? At any rate, I would suggest leaving the TV completely unplugged overnight to hard reset it. Anytime a TV is plugged in...there's still power going through it. When you plug the TV back in...try not to use the surge protector(for a TV that valuable, you should have one). Sometimes, they can contribute or cause problems.

Sincerely, Techflare

CTORO wrote:

Reply to
maurice.watkins

Did the picture tube go black, or white and snowy but with no picture?

Any other symptoms, noises, etc?

-

Jim Adney