Sony KV32TS35 update- need schematic

Hi group. Here is an update as I said I would post. I replaced the stereo decoder as suggested and this fixed the distorted audio. Here's the history: Plugged the set in to see what the probelm was - friend said picture and sound went out. Had a perfect picture, distorted sound, then after a few minutes the raster went black, still had sound. I turned up the screen voltage slightly and saw a horizontal red line. Replaced the vertical IC but no change. I resoldered the jungle IC also, and checked the deflection coil - 3.5ohms. Should I be looking for a high ESR cap? I would signal trace the vertical but I don't have the schematic. Which pin of the jungle IC should I start from? I am fairly new to repair, so without the schematic I am shooting in the dark. I was hoping someone could give me some tips, since I would rather not have to purchase the schematic. Web search came up empty on free schematic. Thanks again group, and I will continue posting progress.

Reply to
Golf

Do you have supplies from the FBT secondary to the vertical IC? If not look for an open resistor.

When working without the schematic, look for a datasheet on the ICs for pin definitions. First, check the obvious like supplies and bad solder joints.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Thanks Leonard. I do have voltages on the vertical IC, just not sure what's normal. I will look up the pinout on the Jungle IC and trace from there. Will post a follow up.

Reply to
Golf

Hi there. I'm trying to fix my KV-32TS35 as well and would also like a copy of the schematic.

If it is any help, I found a schematic of a KV-27TS35, which might be very close.

Reply to
Degull

Is the horizontal line in the center of the screen or at the top?

Schematic on it's way to you.

--
Jeff Stielau