Zenith SM2771S, No sound

My set did not quite a 200 mile trip in a U-Haul trailer.

No Sound on either L or R channel

Need advice and access to service lit..

thanks Jim

Reply to
jim

Since you've been moving the set, are you sure no one flipped the spkr int/ext switch in the back? I'm sure that model has one.

Reply to
Tech Data

Tech Data: Very good point. On many Zeniths it is usually a push-button that is located right next to the antenna connector so you can't help but hit it when hooking or unhooking the cable. Also, it is a small round, black button that blends in with the back case color and the nomenclatures is small black raise letting on the black case that is just about impossible to see.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Tech Data"  wrote in message
> Since you've been moving the set, are you sure no one flipped the spkr
> int/ext switch in the back? I'm sure that model has one.

Reply to
sofie

Nope: I can't find any switch like that. Also I connected the set to an external speaker and got no sound there.

Reply to
jim

Are you sure there's nothing in the menu? If it has audio out jacks, have you tried connecting them to an amplifier? That would narrow it down to the audio decoding, or power amplifier.

It's probably nothing serious. I would guess something like bad soldering, an open resistor feeding B+ to the audio amp, or a crack in the board.

One last comment. Have you ever had the CRT (picture tube) replaced? If not, I wouldn't bother having it repaired. The CRTs in the M line Zeniths rarely lasted more than 3 or 4 years of moderate use. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe