Yamaho P300 Turntable

The above turntable drops the stylus too quickly onto a record. It appears the damping mechanism is not working properly. I suspect oil or light grease is used as the damping agent but would like other's opinions.

Thanks

--
Live simply, love generously
Reply to

**The oil is an extremely viscous silicon type. Often called 'kilopoise'. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE! The oil is available from several sources.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I guess using WD-40 is out of the question then? :)

Mike Brown: mjb[at]pootle.demon.co.uk | http://www.pootle.demon.co.uk/
Reply to
Mike

turntablebasics.com has what you need for $10.00. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Oooooh behave!

Reply to