Yamaha EMX 62M : SAFETY NOTICE

Mixer amp With age,humidity or temperature or whatever, the screening card lining the inside of the plastic case can curl up and touch solder and traces on the IEC sub-board, aluminium side to mains voltages. Cut away all around that corner on the rear and side card.

The EMX 88S has proper rigid metal work around that IEC area

Reply to
N_Cook

he

For us folks on the west side of the Atlantic Ocean, what is a screening card?

Reply to
hrhofmann

the

For us folks on the west side of the Atlantic Ocean, what is a screening card?

*****

The lining put inside plastic cases to simulate metal cases as far as RFI out or in , in in this situation. (almost as good as the pub sign painter having to change the kerning between the "Fox" and and and and and "Hounds"). Something like a composite of card and aluminium foil so high probability of differential dimensional changes, ie curling

Whats it called over there and I'll add to

N_Cook

On 2/21/2010 8:41 AM N_Cook spake thus:

Typically what you Brits call "screening" we call "shielding". I think most folks here would refer to that as a shield of some sort (RF, electrostatic, etc.)

- a Usenet "apology"
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

the

that

RFI

probability of

So what we call a valve screening can would be a tube shield in the US ?

Reply to
N_Cook

On 2/22/2010 12:35 AM N_Cook spake thus:

Eggs-zactly. Just the way you call a "windscreen" what we call a "windshield".

- a Usenet "apology"
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Shield piece.

Reply to
PeterD

On 2/22/2010 6:17 AM PeterD spake thus:

Dunno about "piece"; never heard anything like that referred to as such. Just a "shield" usually suffices.

- a Usenet "apology"
Reply to
David Nebenzahl