Yamaha RS7000 sequencer, 2001 or later

HV discharge or arcing in or around the bigger, more conventional looking of the 2, transformer in the SMPS. Any know issues with these ps ? I've not got fully inside yet

N_Cook

I did Yammy and Tascam warranties but way back before 01. However what you describe doesn't appear to me as a known issue. Unfortunately I no longer have inroads with any of the Yammy techs and service bulletins so I cannot provide anything besides an educated opinion.

Reply to
Meat Plow

of

Either early lead-free or clumsey roadies or both. The heaviest lump is a double 16mH, both in series, choke in the mains feed to the HV rectifier of the ps. Solder sticks to stainless steel needle so probably lead-free, any more reliable but simple workbench test emerged for lead-free yet ? Four current carrying corner pins to this transformer have what looks like plated through solder but now transformer is removed, looks like back to back eyelets either side of the pcb, one inside the other and a load of yucky solder, breaking contact in a ring between the 2 eyelets . I wonder how that got through CE testing?

N_Cook