Cycling Transponders and/or Safety Apps

Bike Shield gives out the GPS of a cyclist or motor cyclist to safety minded motorists. A beep or something warns motorists when a cyclist is 20 meters around a blind curve on a "scenic" or "historical" highways.

(Historic = no bike lane, no shoulder, no grading, no guard rails just a sheer cliff with blind curves on narrow lanes.)

Alternatively, if privacy is an issue, motorists could be required to buy old tech RF receivers to detect cyclists' transponders around curves much like safety belts and bike lights are mandatory.

Governor Brown won't scrape out a bike lane on San Pasquel Valley Road so this is the next best solution.

Bret Cahill

"Staying Alive Means No Accident"

-- California "historical highway" road sign

Reply to
Bret Cahill

It'd make it obvious where cell coverage is bad: lots of dead cyclists.

In USA? what have you been smoking?

Well, that sucks.

Jasen Betts

Definitely need data.

Jump start it in Sweden or Netherlands.

I have zero pull in Sacramento.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

I always thought it was easy. If the road is too dangerous for bikes don't ride there.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

What do you call a cyclist riding on a highway or a thoroughfare?

Free target practice >:-} ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.