Xybernaut MC12-1960 Charger defective

Hello!

Anyone knowing the Xybernaut MC12-1960 Charger? We have acouple of defective units: Upon inserting a reportedly working battery, the "Complete", "Batt Detect" and "Power" LED pulse with a frequency of about 1 Hz. Without manuals - we got 'em used, I am struck if that has a special meaning.

However, there are two SO8 cased transistors labelled "2016 8B1" which have deformed cases and which have short-circuits between all pins. Stupidly I have no clue what particular Transistor that is, as don't find a reference for a 2016 [8B1] Transistor. Could it be a 2N2016? I don't wan't to roast the remaining circuitry, thus I ask here hoping someone has a clue for me.

Many thanks in advance!

Reply to
Rüdiger Leibrandt