Wifi tv outputs

Are there any Wi-Fi TVs with output that I can then send to another TV?

In the models I"ve looked at, the only outputs are optical and IR-blaster, , and I suspecit they can't be converted to something my other TVs can use

My friend bought a new thin tv with Wi-Fil, so she can watch Hulu etc. from the Web on the TV,, and I'm jealous.

But I'm not sure anyone makes what I would want. She only watches one tv, but I have one in almost every room, once supplied by the VCR and now by the the DVDR, via coaxial cable (with a couple signal amps where needed). .

Thanks

Reply to
micky

That was so long ago...........

I purchased a box called a "Western Digital Live", which has an ethernet port and two USB ports on it. It has composite (for old TV's) and an HDMI (for new ones) outputs and will do 1080P.

You can use the USB ports for a WiFi dongle, a USB keyboard, or a hard disk. It supports one dongle and one keyboard, or one of them and single disk, or two disks.

It reads some things from the Internet, but in my case it reads files from a SAMBA share from a Linux computer. Windows, MacOS, etc also have compatible sharing.

Here in Israel they are called "streamers" and there are at least a dozen of them on the market. They run around $200, but I expect they are close to half that in the US, if you are there.

Think of them as a version 2 Apple TV with a lousy interface, but a lot more capability. :-)

Be aware that a 1080P video uses well over 4 gigabytes an hour, so if your network is heavily used, or there is a lot of competition for Wifi channel throughput, it may not work well wireless.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(

Thanks for your help.

I don't understand. This is an enhanced way to watch tv off the net, right, but it doesn't really have anything to do with my buying a wifi tv??? The input for the WDLive would be my current computer, not the TV, iiuc

Yes, things are cheaper in the US. Electronics made in Japan are cheaper in the US than in Japan. Sometimes it doesnt' seem fair.

When I'm watching tv, I'm not likely to be using wifi for anything else, certainly nothing that I couldn't postpone.

Reply to
micky