White Knight tumble dryer - drum not turning

Mine came from the tip 'cos the drum had broken away from the bearing carrier at the rear. Three small coachbolts and some nylocs and it's still going nearly five years later. Not bad for a condensing dryer.

On a related note, I notice that condensing dryers always score badly on energy consumption ratings, but I feel that's a bit unfair. We only use ours when it's too cold and damp to dry outdoors or on the rack winched up into the stairwell. In these conditions the heat from a vented dryer would be lost to the outside world whereas ours is kept in the house, usually on a day when the heating would be on anyway, so though it uses more energy and electricity isn't as cheap as gas, at least it isn't thrown away.

--
Roland Butter :- There's nothing like a knob of butter.
Reply to

I have emailed the service manuals including wiring diagram

Peter

Reply to
powerstation

Ours has now expired - drum won't turn anymore :-(

Spares or repair anyone?

--

J B
Reply to