Whirlpool washer stop draining water

I have Whirlpool washing machine about 15 yr old. Never had serious problem unless yesterday I mistakenly turned the timer while the washer is was pulsing about 30 seconds. I thought it was done. The water was on the top full level. I manually digged out most waters. And I tried again. No lucky. It did not drain the water. What's problem?

Reply to
mmdir2002

Hard to tell from your description but if it is pulsing I just saw one that was doing the same thing and that sounded like a bad relay to me. You'd hear the relay try to latch up but it wouldn't . It would pulse for about 30 seconds and then stop (thermal cutout??) and after a few minutes start right up and spin the water out. Check the relay, contacts motor freeplay and temp. There should be a schematic attached to the back plate or behind the front console. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

We also had a Sears Kenmore (Series 80 I think) that was about the same vintage and manufactured for Sears by Whirlpool that had a similar symptom. It turn out to be a small clothing item (a baby's sock) that had managed to get past the screen and into the drain mechanism so had clogged it up. Thought I would mention it here since not all failures are always equipment related.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

mmdir2--

Most appliance part outfits sell machine specific repair manuals for about $20 US. I looked for my old manual but must have given it away with the old Whirlpool. Only had one repair on the washer when the tub water wouldn't empty--ended up being the water pump--replaced the plastic pump with another--cost about $25 US.

Good luck

Tut

Reply to
cnctut