whirlpool front-loading washer needs filter cleaned

Hi...

We bought a whirlpool front-loading washer a couple months back. Tried washing a pillow that ended up exploding, so we have bits of foam all through it.

Aside from the bits getting all over the wash, it seems to have migrated/clogged the out-flow, so every load we get a warning message about poor drainage and it takes forever to finish a cycle.

The manual mentions something about "cleaning the filter" but we didn't see any description of how to do it. Sent email to Whirlpool but haven't heard back yet.

Is this something we could/should do ourselves, or do we have to call a repairman?

Thanks Mark

Reply to
Mark Modrall

I'm sure there's a filter that you can clean, and perhaps that will do it. Google 'whirlpool front-loader service manual' or something similar, and you'll likely find the answer. It's surprising that it's not in the owners manual.

That said, you had a pretty severe instance of pollution there. It may require more than simply cleaning 'a' filter. Hopefully not.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert