LG TROMM Front loading washer.. Spin cycle takes forever

I have a brand new LG Tromm washing machine that gets to the spin cycle and has trouble with a lots of its loads. It seems that it is trying to balance the load but it will sometimes take an hour to do this. When installed I leveled the unit so I don't think that is the problem..

The dryer is usually done in half the time that the washer is! I've neve had a front loader before. Is this normal to have to wait so long for the stupid thing to spin out?

Thanks..

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

No. But the higher the spin speed, which helps the drying, the more critical the balance is.

Maybe try loading it with less ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Well it doesn't seem to like small loads either...

I think I may need to call them to see what the heck is wrong with this thing..

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

You may check the manual and make sure that all the transport bolts were removed that lock the drum suspension during delivery. Maybe the installer missed one. I have the Whirlpool Duet, and it doesn't take long to spin up. There were impressive locking bolts that had to be removed during install, however.

Good Luck,

Jim Shedden

Reply to
james.shedden

Yeah.. well I had to install this thing myself and to start with I did miss those bolts.. When the thing got to the spin cycle the first time it was rocking all over the place. I then realized that I must have missed something and looked it up in the manual.. :) Now it doesn't rock all over anymore but instead it just takes a long time to spin up...

Thanks for the suggestion though..

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

I assume you removed the locking bolts.

Having the machine on a wood floor, may make it vibrate more. If the machine is sitting on a cement floor with a hard rubber industrial mat under the machine, it should be more stable once it settles in.

I have done home installations where I used a 120 lbs cement slabtile for each of the washer and dryer, with an industrial shock resist type mat under each of the machines directly. Since the cost is not great, I do the same for the dryer to match.

We have done some industrial washing machines where we torque bolted the machines directly to the cement floor, with hard rubber shock mounts under the feet. This way, they never move, and never vibrate very much.

The above is done only after verifying that the machines are in proper working condition.

In the case of a new washing machine, it is best to call the service rep and have them come to your place for a service call. This way, you will have verification that your machine is working properly. Let them suggest their way of stopping the machine from vibrating, if there is no fault to be found.

From our experience, we found front loading washers sometimes have a tendancy to vibrate more than the top loaders. But, the front loaders are much more efficient, and have much greater cost savings over the long run.

--

JANA
_____

"Michael Kennedy"  wrote in message
I have a brand new LG Tromm washing machine that gets to the spin cycle and
has trouble with a lots of its loads. It seems that it is trying to balance
the load but it will sometimes take an hour to do this. When installed I
leveled the unit so I don't think that is the problem..

The dryer is usually done in half the time that the washer is! I've neve had
a front loader before. Is this normal to have to wait so long for the stupid
thing to spin out?

Thanks..

- Mike
Reply to
JANA

Sorry for the confusion.. I was posting about how long it takes for it to actually spin.. When I very first instlalled it I had a vibration problem but that was due to the locking bolts, but vibration isn't my problem now.

My problem is that when it gets to the spin cycle it will start to spin, stop start and stop.. If it is the least bit out of balance it decides that it has to stop again.. Very aggrivating to say the least.

I'll take your advice and call LG for service unless you've got any other ideas.

Thanks,

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy