What zenith models using this chassis 9-1156?

I apprecate that. Subject as stated.

And does this chassis support closed caption? This is important too.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Well? I need this few models so I can find one schematic at my work that is same chassis. This particular model is not in our list but I know zenith reuses same chassis in several models.

Pretty please?

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Sorry, it's not in my database. I tried.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

How about the model that it is in now? Also post the year of manufacture so someone can possibly reference the chassis series by year.

Reply to
dkuhajda

This is zenith console 27" tv rebranded for JRI distributing Inc, model 17883 or 178B3?. Hard to tell by the pictures of label.

Circuit board sticker printed: 9-1156

Manufactured: March 1993, service number: MWJ2722H2.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

I'm afraid Zenith never used a 9-1156 in any Zenith set. Must have been specially made for that Wards or whatever it is. Probably 99.9% the same as a board they used in the production Zeniths, but not that board exactly. I looked at the G-J-J2-L-R line and no 1156.

Reply to
RonKZ650

Jason

Help has arrived! You have a C-5 type chassis. Service literature is CM-143. Similar boards are: 9-1131 and 9-1132.

Going back and looking at your posts, am I correct that you have a dead unit? You said the spark gap was sooty so the CRT is not at fault. MAYBE you're right, but you could be wrong. I have seen plenty that literally had the spark gap blown to pieces, still ran, only to have the CRT arc later and take out the SMPS. And, from the looks of the pix you posted, somewhere down the line it was around a serious smoker! Hope this information is helpful to you.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Reply to
dharrisfc

Thank you! David. Anything else I should watch out? Which yokes is suitable as test so I can run the chassis before shipping it back? I have number of 27" Zeniths sitting around.

I know, I have nothing to lose by fixing using parts that I have. I have fixed like this one (sooty spark gap & trace blown off, fuse popped) while ago and Zenith tv fired up.

By the way, I have repaired so many zeniths so I know what to look besides what you can point out.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Anything else I should watch out? Which yokes are suitable as test so I can run the chassis before shipping it back? I have number of 27" Zeniths sitting around.

I think you can handle this very well--I wouldn't know what else to suggest. As for a test yoke, anything will do the job without harm. I may be wrong, but a yoke is a yoke. The pix may be distorted, but that's not what you're after here. I keep an old gutted Zenith 25 inch table top cabinet with a CRT and yoke for my test jig on these chassis. I keep an old yoke with the twin plugs in case that sort of chassis comes in. Works OK for me. Best wishes.