Treadmill Troubles

I have a Horizon Fitness TSC5 treadmill with very low usage. Have had

2 circuit boards fail on me now. The manufacturer says the treadmill should be on a dedicated outlet. Would failure to do this cause the circuit boards to fail? Also - since I have 2 of these expensive dead circuit boards - is there a way to have them repaired? The manufacturer doesn't repair them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply to
sven

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:26:19 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@idirect.ca put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'm not familiar with your particular treadmill, but if it's the motor control board, then look for MOSFET failures. If the MOSFETs are failing repeatedly, then look for a motor problem.

If you can post photos of your boards on your web space, then someone may be able to help you.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Keep in mind that treadmills are large appliances and really should be on dedicated, non-switched, non-GFI circuits (without anything else on the same line). It is highly improbable that this is the main cause of the problem. I hate to be the harbinger of bad news :( but Horizon is not exactly top notch. Aside from that, unlike TVs and Microwaves today that can take a good punch, fitness equipment in general are very susceptible to things like power surges, low/high voltage and brown outs. You should keep it unplugged when not in use. Assuming its not power related worn or faulty parts may cause excessive strain on the electronics. There are several possibilities, the most likely being a worn out running belt and deck.

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------

---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---

Reply to
Grinch70