WD 1TB Passport for sale?

All: If so, then, please post your email address here so we can talk.

Keith Lee

Reply to
Keith

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 23:35:50 +0000 (UTC), Keith put finger to keyboard and composed:

Are you looking to buy one for spare parts? If so, then be aware that these products have hardware encryption in the Initio INIC-1607E USB-SATA bridge IC. Furthermore, if this IC is integrated into the hard drive's PCB, then there will be a further complication, namely that the 8-pin serial flash memory at location U12 stores unique, drive specific, "adaptive" information which needs to be transferred to the donor PCB.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar