Want to Buy PC800 RDRAM

Hello fellow Enthusiasts and Techies, a friend of mine has a Compact Presario computer. One of the two sticks of 64MB PC800 RDRAM is faulty. My friend tells me that the ram must be fitted in pairs so he needs another stick of 64MB or two sticks of whatever size.

My friend has tried computer sellers with no luck so I am asking here on his behalf. Anyone able to help?

Regards, John Crighton Hornsby Heights NSW

Reply to
John Crighton

Do a search on eBay for "PC800", plenty of hits:

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Hello Dave, thanks for the quick reply. I already spoke to my friend about ebay, he doesn't like it. At your suggestion, I had a look at ebay myself. One hit of a pair of 64MB and lots of hits for bigger ram sticks at prices way more than my friend's whole computer is worth. I notice they come in pairs just like my friend was telling me.

Since his computer is old and not worth much he would rather just buy one piece of 64 MB at a reasonable price and get his machine working again. I was hoping someone here might have a single stick in a junked machine. Thanks again Dave for answering.

Regards, John Crighton Hornsby Heights

Reply to
John Crighton

You get that with old stuff! P3-800+ Dell machines can be had for $50-100 at the local markets, and they use the cheaper more readily available RAM. Could get a complete machine with memory for under $100! Amazing really.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

John,

Think I have a pair of 64mb PC800 sticks here. I have a Dell of 2002 vintage which was originally fitted with 256mb from factory, and I upgraded

2 banks. If you like, I can have a quick look around to find them, if you still interested.

Cheers,

Rod.......Out Back

Reply to
Rod Out Back

Hello Rod, yes, please have a quick look. Send me an email, so that I can pass your email address on to my friend and he can can talk to you direct by email. He doesn't read news groups. Regards, John Crighton Hornsby john snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au

Reply to
John Crighton

Of course not, his computer isn't working :-)

Michael

Reply to
Michael C