Good LED TV repair men in San Diego County area?

All: Does anyone know of a safe, reliable, and honest LED TV repairman in the San Diego County area? If so, please email or post me here.

Keith

Reply to
Keith

he San Diego County area? =A0If so,

more details, make and model of the tv, etc

Reply to
hrhofmann

Diego County area? If so,

Ummm.... if it's an LED TV (presumably LED back or side lighting), then it's probably no more than about 10 months old. Didn't you get a warranty?

Also, all TV repairmen lie. For example, the line "that's a great TV you have there and well worth fixing" is usually intended to reassure the customer that they didn't buy a total piece of junk that's probably going to fail sporadically for its entire useful life. Forget about honest. I'm not sure what you mean by "safe" but I haven't heard of any TV electrocutions for a few years. Reliable is also questionable as nobody shows up or delivers on time any more. I don't know any repairman that qualifies, including myself. Sorry.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

you don't have an LED tv to repair. you've fallen for marketing.

--
Gareth.

that fly...... is your magic wand....
http://dsbdsb.mybrute.com
you fight better when you have a bear!
Reply to
The dog from that film you saw

Hrhofmann: Samsung 40" LED TV (UN40B6000) with no warranty.

Reply to
Keith

--
Lee (in Florida)US Army Retired
Georgie Boy Cruise Master

What about the manufacturer's "official" repair shops?

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Diego County area? If so,

I told a lot of customers that their electronics weren't worth wasting money to repair. TVs, two way radios, VCRs it didn't matter. If it was junk, I told them to replace it. people would still call me for other repair work, so I still had more work than I could handle until my health failed and I had to shut down the shop.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Go to the Support page and look for a factory recommended service facility.

Meat Plow

First of all, how has it failed? If it has failed due to impact damage and the screen is broken, it isnt econoical to fix it. As others have stated it should be covered under the manufacturers warranty still.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Mike: According to Samsung, it's not covered under their warranty. I guess I will have to either live with it or buy another one. Thank you anyway.

Keith

Reply to
Keith

Didn't you say the set was about 10 months old? Or did I misunderstand?

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

And just what isn't covered?

Meat Plow

Diego County area? If so,

If your screen is Dark(!) it may be repairable for a reasonable amount of money. But if you are missing groups of pixels (or groups of LED backlight) you may be SOL.

Reply to
RickMerrill

On another thread, he reported that the screen's anti- reflective coating was accidentally torn. Warranties usually only cover manufacturing defects, not damage due to accidents.

--
Jim
Reply to

Duh. Right. I forgot.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Ah ok. I don't think any kind of tear could be classified as a defect in workmanship. And it's doubtful that this is something that can be replaced without replacing the entire panel.

Meat Plow