VSX-D710S Repair

Our receiver has recently developed a hum/ buzz coming from the unit itself. This noise is not coming through the speakers. I'm assuming a bad power supply / transformer. Does anyone have a schematic and is it worth fixing if I do the work myself. Any idea on where parts can be found for this unit also? Cheers Dave

Reply to
trm54321

The transformer might just be loose. I don't know if there is a cooling fan that could be noisy as I haven't cracked the case on mine just yet.

I just ordered a downloadable schematic for mine but it isn't available for download yet. They

said 1 business day and ordered it friday night. (doh)

I like to rock in 2 ch mode loudly and its always bothered me that the amp shuts itself off(before reaching RATED POWER, about -23db) in the middle of my favorite songs.(Does yours do that?)

I bought a Kenwood KM-X1000 and was going to use preamp outs to have it drive the front chanels but then----NO PREAMP OUTS. The 810S has them but if I want them I'm going to have to add them myself.

When I get the schem I'll check back.

Vince

trm54321