Viewsonic schematics VX910

I have a VX 910 lcd monitor and I need the part number for a transister on the power board. The location is D660. Does anyone have or know where I can find the schematic for this monitor. Or know the part number for the transister in question. Please reply to email at snipped-for-privacy@cogeco.ca if possible or here.

Thankyou

Reply to
Pinballer

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 09:59:48 -0500, Pinballer Has Frothed:

Does the part have a number on it?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

No part number. The part is burnt to unreadable.

Thanks

Reply to
Pinballer

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:20:50 -0500, Pinballer Has Frothed:

Don't you hate when that happens. Have you tried to contact Viewsonic, they have a rep in Canada.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

I have spoke with them and they were no help. They wanted to sell me the whole power supply for $80 plus tax and shipping. They won't sell the schematics for it either.

Reply to
Pinballer

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:59:48 -0500, "Pinballer" put finger to keyboard and composed:

The "D" in "D660" would suggest that you have a diode, possibly a Schottky dual diode. Is it on the secondary side? Which rail? How much current?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I believe it is a dual diode but I can't get any info from it.

Reply to
Pinballer

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 15:05:13 -0500, "Pinballer" put finger to keyboard and composed:

You can guess its specs by looking at the load that it has to supply. For example, does it supply the +5V rail? What is the voltage rating of the associated capacitor? What is the rating of the monitor's power pack? How much power does the backlight require?

A very rough guesstimate might work like this ...

Power required by electronics = rating of power pack - rating of backlight

Diode current rating = power required by electronics / 5 volts

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar