Viewsonic P220f dead

I got this 22" monitor, its got the same problem with the opto-isolator i seen going around.

this monitor has more severe damage done to it though. I see several electrolytics that have popped open. around the power supply, vertical IC, and one on the neck board, couple in the HV section.

the HOT and damper test ok. the power will not come on, it just cycles.

there is a large 15-pin IC on the CRT neck board that is exploaded and unreadable. Does anyone know what the part number of this IC is? I can definately tell you its not LM2412, this one is 15 pin, different package style.

its white and split open from smoke and fire.

im assuming all the caps, this IC, and the vertical parts will need replacing, along with the opto.

any ideas?

Reply to
Mike

Unfortunately I no longer have one of these to look at for the numbers but what's the deal? I've fixed at least half a dozen Viewsonics with the bad opto and probably more than that. I've never had one come back after I fixed it, did they just get a bad batch of optos?

Reply to
James Sweet

apparently this one has the same problem. bad run i guess.

I REALLY need that part number of the chip, bolted to the heatsink of the CRT neck board. mine is white and toasted crispy.

Reply to
Mike

You might try getting a service manual, it's only 16 bucks:

JW

if someone that already has a service manual, and can rattle off the number of that part number, that would be REALLY helpfull...

Reply to
Mike

The only IC i found that matches the same package, and pinouts, is the sanyo VPS13.

problem is, Where do i find this IC?

Reply to
Mike

JW

WEEEE. $40 bux for that chip.

ill just build one out of discrete components, considering I have a ton on hand, and the datasheet of that IC shows the equiv schematic.

Reply to
Mike