Viewsonic P775 ,no picture

I have a viewsonic P775 that seems like it gets no signal. the green light comes on for a few seconds once you turn it on, then it turns to amber. no matter if there is a signal or not. I can hear a quiet sqeal when the light is green but nothing on the screen. I have tried both teh D15hd input and hte RGBHV input. both the same.

I have no schematics nor a high voltage probe. I do have a scope and multimeters. is there anything i can do? It probably not worth a lot of effort. No caps appear to be bulging.

Reply to
monitorGUY

Without more specifics, it sounds like a PS or HV failure.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

thanks Tom i guess I'll pitch it.

Reply to
monitorGUY

In these monitors, when they fail, it was very common to have bad caps in the power supply, or the scan sections. Use an ESR meter to locate the bad caps.

--

JANA _____

I have no schematics nor a high voltage probe. I do have a scope and multimeters. is there anything i can do? It probably not worth a lot of effort. No caps appear to be bulging.

Reply to
JANA