Viewsonic VG800 repair

Hi!

I saved few Viewsonic VG800 displays from recycling bin, they all seem to have similar symptom: put the power on, and all they display is colorful vertical bars while power led blinks wildly green and amber... My laptop recognices the displays, so maybe they are not completely broken. Backlights seems to be working OK.

I tried to google, but all I found was stories about similar problems, but no solutions. Ideas where to start, or do I just carry them back to recycling?

- Jukka

--
Jukka Pappinen
oh6mwq (at) oh6aad.net

I found that the ESR goes high in many of the capacitors especially on the processor boards and in the power supply. When testing the caps for ESR, you may find that many of them have to be changed.

You will need an ESR meter to test the caps, and be able to change surface mount capacitors to service the monitor, if that is all that is wrong with it. If you can do the work yourself, there is only the cost of the caps and the investment in an ESR meter if you don't own one.

--

JANA _____

I saved few Viewsonic VG800 displays from recycling bin, they all seem to have similar symptom: put the power on, and all they display is colorful vertical bars while power led blinks wildly green and amber... My laptop recognices the displays, so maybe they are not completely broken. Backlights seems to be working OK.

I tried to google, but all I found was stories about similar problems, but no solutions. Ideas where to start, or do I just carry them back to recycling?

- Jukka

-- Jukka Pappinen oh6mwq (at) oh6aad.net

Reply to
JANA

--
have similar problem only thing is that monitor shows screen after several
minutes.

thanks.
Reply to
SolarAngel