Single Light, Multiple Supplies

I have recently installed an outside light which is switched using a pir, however I want to install a second pir at the other end of my garden to also switch the same light on when movement is detected. the second pir has a power supply right next to it so I was wondering can I

use the 2 suplies, 2 pirs and one light safely, my main concern is that

when pir 1 is on then if pir 2 switches on, will the two seperate supplies conflict with each other? although both of the supplies are fed from the same cct breaker, any advice is greatly appreiciated. Thanks

Reply to
No. 1 Novice

If you are sure about the PIR's being on the same breaker I cant see it would be a problem, although the light fitting should be labelled to show it is dual supplied in case others are involved with repairs.

--

Cheers ......... Rheilly P

Where theres a will, I want to be in it.
Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

If they are on the same breaker and you get polarity right, it'll work. Safe is open to debate, as if someone disconnects a wire on that circuit they may get a nasty surprise when they find the supposedly disconnected wire is in fact still live.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Just make absolutely certain that it's on the same circuit. The two PIR units can be wired in parallel, personally I'd run a piece of 14/3 Romex (assuming north america) from one PIR box over to the other one, that should let you bring all the connections back to one box.

Reply to
James Sweet