Viewsonic a95F monitor dead

I have a viewsonic a95F monitor thats dead. When I turn it on, it makes a high pitched sound the screen remains completely black. Any idea as to what this is? I checked the fuse by the power line and it seems ok. I may just give this away to anyone who lives around the orange county area and wants it.

Reply to
oddvark

This may be a power supply or scan amplifier failure. The proper way to find out, is to have a tech get in to the monitor, and take readings, and check for the proper drives to the various stages, to determine the failed components.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA

well, its probably not worth the cost of doing that. What will it run anyway? if its more then 40 dollars, its more then the monitor is worth.

Reply to
oddvark