ViewSonic Optiquest Q9B-2 LCD Monitor Display Shuts Off

I have a ViewSonic Optiquest Q9B-2 LCD Monitor that is no longer under warranty. When I turn on the computer the monitor display comes on but almost immediately turns off. The power light remains on. I can shut the monitor off and then back on and it will display. But, then within a couple seconds it will go black. Does anyone have any idea what I can do or if its something that will require a repair shop? Please help!!!!

Reply to
soccer_allthetime

If you can look at the screen in direct light at an obtuse angle and see what normally should be there when your PC is on then the backlighting system may be at fault. If you can replace the cfl tubes and invert then it is fixable by you. If you need to take it to a shop it may cost almost as much to fix as a new monitor would cost.

Reply to
Straw Man