Viewsonic monitor help, Please...

Hi all, I have a viewsonic OPTIQUEST Q95 monitor, model # VCDTS27284-4m. It got zapped (along with a bunch of other stuff) in a power power surge on our incoming power lines. The fuse was blown, so I replaced it with the correct new fuse and when I plugged it in, Q802 indicated that it was bad by making a nice buzzing/frying egg noise and shooting sparks and smoke for a second or two till the fuse blew again.

Does anyone here have service info for this monitor? Could someone please let me know what Q802 is? It is a TO220 package, mounted to a heatsink. The only markings I can discern are: "FS10" the markings after FS10 are burned off. Below that is "14A"

I checked the NTE cross ref, and it comes up with 11 parts, I can eliminate 6 of them for wrong package, etc., leaving 5 of them being more likely correct, all being N-channel MOSFETS of one sort or another. I could guess and try, but if someone here knows, thier guidance would be most appreciated.

Any thoughts on what this part is?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide!

-AL

Reply to
alanganes

I believe your part is a n-chan FET made by Mitsubishi. The number is FS10SM-16A It is a 10 Amp 800V FET in a TO-3P package. I don't think you would need a 10 Amp FET there, an 8 AMP would work OK. John

Reply to
jdgill

Thanks very much! That did it!

Best regards, AL