Pin cushion failure Viewsonic 21 (glass) monitor

The pincushion/hourglass control circuit just failed in my Viewsonic 21 monitor. If anyone can suggest a fix I may be able to rescue the monitor from the recycling bin.

TIA.

Reply to
root

It'll still be a big CRT monitor, and generate heat/suck power, but the pincushion circuit is just a low-volt amplifier in these machines; probably the coupling capacitor near "pin amp" markings on the main circuit board is in need of replacement.

Reply to
whit3rd

Capacitor failures (mostly dried out 'lytics) tend to be more gradual than a sudden change. It's certainly worth checking the caps but keep an open mind about other possibilites.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

I've already replaced the monitor with an LCD. The failure took about 10 minutes, from twitching to waviness to finally a total hourglass shape.

Thanks for responding.

Reply to
root