VCR Panasonic NV-HD640 weird

After replacing its broken RH tape gear loading arm, the macine acts weird: When casette is inserted it automatically starts to Play Back at much higher speed than normal (No sound/No video). Mode Select Switch is properly engaged and Function Key commands appear properly on LCD but the machine does not respond to pressing any function keys. . Only way to get tape Ejected is to cycle mainpower and holding Eject button while mainpower is reapplied. Any suggestion(s) ???

Reply to
Bram Stolk

Sounds like maybe the mech timing didn't wind up quite right after you replaced that arm.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

TY, could be Mech rigging error, but where ? All gears have their pinholes properly aligned. Is there any procedure for the proper alignment of the rack & pinion gear for my loading arm ?

"Mark D. Zacharias" schreef >> After replacing its broken RH tape gear loading arm, the macine acts

Reply to
Bram Stolk

Wish I could have helped more, but my advice was generic in nature. I have no experience with your exact model.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias