types of pincushion

good day! its my first time posting in this group.

I'd like to know the 2 different types of pincushion. According to Roger, the author of Quick fix, pincushion with narrow width and pincushion with excessive width are two categories of pincushion problem. Can someone explain this further?

Thanks in advance,

Chepie

Reply to
cherrific07

You can get insufficient pincushion correction, where the sides bow in, (narrowed ath the centre) and excessive pincushion correction, where the sides bow out (wide at the centre). These would correspond with the descriptions you give.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

I've seen a lot of pincushion where raster is so narrow and pincushion where raster is wider than the screen. I haven't yet encounter a monitor with over compensation of pincushion correction. What I mean is the sides bow in. If sides bow in accompanied by a narrow width, what possible components should be suspected and when sides bow in accompanied by an excessive width, what possible components should be suspected also.

thanks for enlightenment,

Chepie

Reply to
yhan