TV Chassis gt8821 Trouble

Hi Guys,

I have a TV based on chassis gt8821. When I switch power on, the relay RLY901 toggles on / off continously and the led in front panel is blinking. But noting else, no image and no sound.

Someone has an idea?

Thanks a lot

Seb

Reply to
Seb

and

sound.

Yes, jam a matchstick in the relay. This works every time.

Reply to
Just Another Theremin Fan

I think you have an Onwa chassis. No 2SC2335 there but a relay instead. The power supply however was unchanged, so probably overvoltage condition caused by small electrolytics, also the HOT may be blown.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

   Maarten Bakker.
Reply to
maarten

probably kicking back off due to excessive voltage or something to prevent to much xrays, you may get it to come on by forcing relay closed but you may zap a few parts also, check flyback and pink wire to tube for signs of arcing. if all else fails just examin all to see if something has become toast, if you are going to force relay on, i hook a lamp in a series with it to take some of the current away from it, if bulb lights fully when tv turned on , then u probly have a voltage regulator short, other wise if the tv tries to power on and the bulb glows dimly you can try to hard wire the relay, but disabling protective devices on a set is never a good idea

Reply to
AshTray700