onwa chassis 190.931317.p1

Hi, set is SAIVOD 14C5N (=ANSONIC AN- 1400). 1998 ONWA CHASSIS revision 06 11 98 .

set initially dead, had squeal from psu and shorted HOT (D2499) ...replaced HOT and snubber cap, plus two electrolytics in the psu c509

10uf and c508 47uf (which i suspect led to the well documented problem of these chassis : rise in the HT line voltage ).

Problem now is that the set powers up and works but won't go into standby. Audio and pic are muted but Heaters and HT still on.

There is no red LED action on the front panel. Remote commands are obeyed, however.

I then replaced q506 and q507, both were shorted. q507 was c2335 and c506 was 2n5401. I didn't have the latter so used A1013, which had a very similar spec to 2n5401. Unfortunately there was no change, though neither new transistor shorted.

any suggestions on where to go from here gratefully recieved! regards, Ben

On 30 Mar 2005 15:12:41 -0800, "b" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'm not familiar with your set, but it seems that your uP *is* switching to standby mode (muted audio and pic), but is unable to control the B+ switching transistor(s). I'd troubleshoot the base drive to Q507. In the worst case, your uP's power control pin may be defective.

BTW, I'm assuming you know that the pinouts for the 2N5401 and 2SA1013 are different, ie EBC and ECB, when looking from the flat side, from L to R.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

though

2SA1013

Frank,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Turned out to be the 2SA1013. I had overlooked the pinout difference you mentioned! Set is now up and running fine so far.

Thanks again, regards, Ben