TrippLite Inverter PV-550 need schematic or value of fuse resistence

Hi,

I have a Tripp Lite Inverter model PV-550 and it has blown a big fuse resistance I think it is 1ohm but I am not sure, does anybody have an idea how I can fix it?

Thanks.

Reply to
JG

Fuses aren't identified by their resistance, but primarily by amperage, then by voltage. What are the numbers/characters on the base or body of the fuse? That is the overall size of the fuse (length x diameter)?

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice.  In
practice, there is."  - Yogi Berra
Reply to
DaveM

Newbie! Fusible resistors used to be quite common. They were rated by resistance, and wattage.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I, sir, am NOT a newbie. I interpreted the OP's description as a FUSE, which he stated it to be. Fuse was the first noun that he used in his description of the part, which I took to be what he was trying to identify.

FYI, I've been in the electronics repair, calibration and engineering world for about 50 years. Guess that disqualifies me as a newbie.

Michael, I used to like to read your posts, because they were always on topic, and well written. However, lately, you have become very abusive in your posts, making usually unwarranted flaming remarks and antagonizing those who are here asking and replying to questions.

I know you don't give a damn about how I feel about you, but good friends are hard to come by in most of these news groups. You obviously aren't trying to make new friends, and it seems that you are quickly alienating those that you had. I understand that you're disabled, but that doesn't give you the right to blast everybody that might have a different view than your own.

Goodbye, Michael.

--
Dave M
North Florida

MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice.  In
practice, there is."  - Yogi Berra
Reply to
DaveM

he

the

Ok, you're not a newbie. Then you should have explained what a fuse resistor was, and why you did't think that was what he was talking about.

That's your choice, as always.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell