Weslo 970 Treadmill

Hello:

Does anyone have any service information on this product? Have problems in the console which is labled MW6LD1A SIX WINDOW CONSOLE Z86C90 Version AW REV> A. Seems that Proform Fitness Products, the supplier was sold to Icon in about 1996 and Icon has no information on the product. Belt runs at max speed upon plug in to AC and the console will not control.

Thanks,

Bruce

Reply to
BH

It's probably not the console but the motor control board. Usually these have some SCRs or MOSFETs to control the motor, if they short, the motor will run full speed.

Reply to
James Sweet

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:03:42 GMT, James Sweet put finger to keyboard and composed:

I agree, although I'm wondering why there is no safety device (eg a relay) to prevent this.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I shoud have given more info in my original post.

Originally the console did nothing except all the indicators were flashing. Replacing the motor control module has the motor running upon the application of AC but the console has no control. Unplugging the cable at the console and the motor stops. The safety switch on the console is OK.

Unable to get any info from Lesco to date.

Thanks,

Bruce

device (eg a

text -- Show quoted text -

Reply to
BH

On 28 Jan 2007 08:30:22 -0800, "BH" put finger to keyboard and composed:

In the absence of information, I'd be scoping the cable at the console and looking for tacho feedback pulses from the motor and PWM pulses from the controller.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Wouldn't hurt to start by checking the power supply to the console, dried out electrolytic capacitors can cause all sorts of weird stuff.

Reply to
James Sweet

quoted text -

Thanks James, Thanks Franc:

There was nothing wrong with the console. I let myself be side tracked by the Service Tech that wanted to replace it but admitting that it may not be the problem. Seems that the console does not function too well without B+. The 4700 mfd cap in the power supply lost quite a few mfds as it operates fine with a 470 mfd unit which was all I had. Have ordered the 4700 plus some others to replace all the lytics.

Bruce

Reply to
b_hagen

quoted text -

Hey cool, always nice to hit the nail on the head like that.

I'm STILL seeing fallout from the faulty electrolyte fiasco years ago, for a while it was really bad with equipment of all sorts dropping like flies. Prior to that it was relatively rare to have a capacitor fail.

Reply to
James Sweet