Treadmill Icon Health PETL5902, 2003

No DC motor control

15V and Sig LEDs on but no Gate or HV bus LED. Bit of a chicken and egg situation. 5V supply also ok Mains side uses a pair of SCRs driven by a triac opto that has its driving internal LED biased off, to provide the power DC as distinct from minor supply that is present. Main control is some custom uC. DC side uses a powerFET to control the motor . It seems that if there is no gate signal to the MOC opto so there is not any rectified HV dc for the powerFET , or could the Power|FET be non functional to some low power test setup and the uC locks out. Will remove the powerFET and check out of circuit , but at this stage that seems the limit of any further fault finding. Even applying some sort DC I asume the uC will lock out anyway, or the uC is corrupt of course, either way no further forward
Reply to
N_Cook

Surely if exercise machines were designed properly, the person using them would be powering the electronics

Reply to
N_Cook

On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 09:37:01 -0500, N_Cook wrote (in article ):

You can sometimes find salvaged/repair parts on the net. I have a Precor Elliptical Trainer with similar problems. The custom IC's are hard to get around especially with no schematics. Good luck.

I am toying with the idea of building my own replacement controller using a Raspberry Pi or Arduino. I'm thinking I can work backward from the discrete components and perhaps build an even better controller. But it's no quick fix :)

--
Nelson
Reply to

removed the powerFET and solid 25 ohm gate to s/d , tried a lower rating one but the driving sense amplier may have been knocked out, other than

14V supply to it, no further forward, at least referenced to 0V so scopeable , but I suspect the uC has "fingers" in all directions
Reply to
N_Cook