Treadmill Sears Freespirit NO POWER...NEED HELP!

Hi, I own a Sears Freespirit treadmill model # 249306860 the console doesn't power up and the mill doesn't turn. Can someone help? I want to know if its the motor or the control board. I've opened it and there is no burned smell, 120Vac is present and also have 124Vdc Output from the control board. Can anyone help? thanks

Reply to
studio_1a

Do you have the manual. Some are availible online from the Sears website.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hi, no I don't have the manual and no specs either... If you can find the service manual let me know. or if there's anything I can try. thanks

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Reply to
studio_1a

studio_1a: I repaired a Sears threadmil a while ago. I think it was a ProForm model or something like that. It had a wrap-a-round heatsink around the control board. Two of the 5 SCR's on the board were shorted or leakly. Had to order them from Mouser Electronics. Replacing the SCRs fixed the problem. It had a small separate board to control the incline motor, but that board was OK. Hope this helps... John

Reply to
jdgill

Why do you need a treadmill? I think your fat ass burned out the motor.

Reply to
Nate Scharff

I finally got the manual from Taiwan but the schematic diagram for the controller board is not in there. I know I'm supposed to get 20Vdc to power up the console and not getting it, so I suspect perhaps some voltage regulators blown. I checked all diodes and are good. I also found a voltage regulator that was badly soldered by the previous owner in the console cct board so it may have more than one problem. Which way can the SCRs be tested? thanks

snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

Reply to
studio_1a

SIMPLY, YOU'RE AN IDIOT!! THE MOTOR IS NOT BURNED OUT!!

Nate Scharff wrote:

Reply to
studio_1a

3 terminal regulators are pretty easy to check, they'll shut down with excessive load though so you might need to cut a trace temporarily on the output pin if you have voltage going in but none out.

Google for datasheets for any parts you want to test, often that will show you how to connect it if not a whole test circuit diagram.

Reply to
James Sweet