JVC & Sears TV's no sound.

JVC Model # AV-27820 Chassis # A 53, or Sears (made by JVC) Model #

57-14367. This (no sound) issue sometimes happens after doing the typical vertical repair, or after replacing the tuner, that was damaged. No sound, & no way to turn on sound in menu. Has anyone seen this? It's getting common for me, but I never get it solved. There is gain from the audio output ic. Seems like an EEPROM, or Micro issue! Thanks, Dani.
Reply to
Dani

I had an RCA with this problem once,,,there is a speaker MUTE signal for sets with an audio output, but if your version doesn't have an audio output there is no screen setting to change this, if it gets accidently set to mute. There may be a way in the service mode. What I did was just disconnect the mute line from the audio path. The only downside to this is the speaker pops on turn on and turn off, but its not too bad.

Reply to
Mark

Did you check for bad filter caps in the amps & output

Reply to
geno419