Toshiba V711B VCR power problem

I have a problem with a Toshiba V711B VCR (about 15 years old). I'm unable to power the unit on. I've checked the fuses whch are all fine and I have 240V reaching the power supply board (don't know the correct terms

for these things). There's no noise from the transformer and absolutely

nothing from the VCR itself. Any suggestions welcome.

Reply to
awf_ng