Goodmans VP5500 VCR Dead

Hi all,

After a recent power outage my Goodmans VP5500 VCR died.

I've opened it up and found that the internal fuse is OK and there i

240V getting in to the unit, as from then on I'm stuck.

It probably isn't cost effective to have it repaired as it's a good fe years old, but I'm interested to have a go myself.

Any suggestions or pointers in the right direction would be appreciate (i.e.: anyone else had this problem, schematics etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Mar

-- maj3091

Reply to
maj3091

Mark,

Just wanted to suggest a few things that may be helpful - if you have a dmm multimeter, one could check the voltage to the transformer (the ac side). If you have 240v there, then check the secondary side of the transformer (still in ac mode). Chances are there should be around 12v or so on the output. If you have 0V out, you need a new transformer. Just a thought. Good luck!

Reply to
techgadgetz

Thanks for the pointers mate....at least it gives me something to g at..

-- maj3091

Reply to
maj3091