Toshiba Satelite Pro laptop 440CDX floppy

I was wondering if it is possible to fix an external drive for the above laptop. I replaced the drive out of another unit but the form factor is all wrong. So the interface and cable are OK. Any ideas on fixing the drive itself?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Tweddle

Try cleaning the read heads and lubing the the mechanics.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

I dont know how you can expect relevant help if you dont give us any clue whats wrong with it, or what youve done so far.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 05:16:55 -0700, meow2222 Has Frothed:

Buy a USB floppy.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

The drive makes reading noises like it is attempting to read the floppy but it doesn't succeed.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Tweddle

buy a can of compressed air, with the little straw on the nozzle. stick it in the drive door and blow it out for 20-30 seconds.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Ware

Catch the heads as they fly out, too.