HP N5430 laptop

I am fixing a cousins HP N5430 Pavillion laptop. It has a burnt out SO-8 FET in the bottom side corner part no PQ7 , near the power input connector. Any one knows what it is? My guess is a Siliconix 4435?

regards Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Tweddle

It is a FDS4435 and should be replaced with a FDS4435A which has higher current rating. HP used the regular 4435 and it cannot handle the current. Typical fault in HP laptops.

JMK Finland

Reply to
NK

Thanks very much.