Toshiba 20" TV DVD

Model # 20HLV86S, won't play DVD's. I can't locate any DVD parts listing, even at Toshiba. Are there any DVD parts available? It's only 14 months old. Dani.

Reply to
Dani

Art

Toshiba is legally obligated to provide repair parts for several years after a product is discontinued.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

$9.99 and instant download.

Reply to
MrManuals

Many manufacturers won't or can't supply parts such as replacement decks, even when the unit is in warranty. With integrated units, even if they are prepared to supply the parts, the cost is often so prohibitive as to render the unit BER. To the OP. Does the unit play anything ie CDs. If not, is the laser 'home' ? Does the loading sequence complete correctly ? Can you see the laser burning ? Does focus search take place ? Does the disc spin up ? There could be lots of (easily fixable) reasons why it's not playing, as well as some that are not so readily resolved.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Also, one unit I looked at was using a conventional Laptop type DVD player/burner in it. Which means the whole deck is replaceable..

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:

  SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT
  THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"
Reply to
Jamie

With units that use an apparently conventional integrated IDE drive, for sure, that's often felt to be the case, but even if you get what appears to be exactly the same make and model of drive, usually, it doesn't seem to work. Presumably, as an OEM purchaser of these drives, the manufacturer has them 'customed' with some kind of 'soft' ID that the equipment that they are putting them in, recognises. There may even be changes to the control software to suit the protocols of the equipment's system bus, rather than those of a standard computer IDE bus.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily