Third hand for ESR60

We have been marketing the Atlas ESR60 since it was introduced six months ago or so. It is a really nice ESR meter that also reads the value and has built-in protection against charged caps. However it sometimes takes three hands to use. After customer feedback on that and failure to convince Atlas to change the design I developed our own solution which I call The Third Hand. It is a simple switch in a nice package that fits comfortably in your palm.

See the Third Hand at

You can also see the Atlas with and without the Third Hand installed at

We were forced to drop the Dick Smith ESR meter and the Capacitor Wizard folks are shut down again. ESR60 is the best now in my opinion.

John Bachman AnaTek Corporation The Electronic Repair Center at

John Bachman

I have one and like the small size and the short time out. The batteries last a very long time and it works as well as the DSE meter and has protection. I have not found the lack of remote control a problem but looks like an improvement.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Maybe also a footswitch option. :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser