tektronix J16 power question

I recently got a J16 digital photometer that didn't have the external brick or battery charger I'm hoping somebody can tell me the voltage and polarity I need apply to charge teh internal batteries which are Nicads Also any help on documentation would be appreciated Thanks in advence

Reply to
Boborann

"Boborann" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

You probably will need to replace the NiCds,too. They were always discharged and leaking. IIRC,the NiCd pack is 7.2V. So,1.5x7.2V= 10.8VDC Polarity can be determined by examination and a DMM.

Try Ebay for a manual.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9738BE01A2180jyanikkuanet@129.250.170.86:

BTW,the J16 also had an optional AC power supply that replaced the battery pack,that's what I installed in my bench J16 after the NiCds died one too many times.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik