Tektronix 2247A scope fix?

Can somebody help me out? I've got a nice 2247A that was working fine, but I suspect blew the PS since no lights, no fan, no nuttin' happens. I turned it on and off several times ( I was looking for the source of some RF noise) before it stopped working. I have the schematics, but if anyone has run into this before and could point at a particular area or part or procedure I'd appreciate it, or even would recommend someone who is familiar with these 'scopes and repairs and calibrates them.

G. Cook

Reply to
gorcook

This may just a simple problem with tantalums going high ESR or shorted, so check for that first. If not you will probably need a service manual which is relatively easy to get from vendors on eBay (particularly if you can live with a scan). Artek, or QService spring to mind, but that are plenty of others too.

D.

Reply to
David C. Partridge