TA7228P

Does anyone have a data sheet for a "Toshiba" IC Part No:TA7228P. There is no sign of it on the Toshiba Electronics web site and google just gets thousands of hits for merchants trying to sell parts. This is an old IC that I discovered in a box that I was clearing out, so its just curiosity on my part.

Thanks in advance for any info.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

5.8W audio Amplifier.

Regards

John.

Reply to
John Ferrier

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:04:35 +0100, Baron put finger to keyboard and composed:

My vrt databook just identifies it as a 5.7W audio amplifier.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

John Ferrier Inscribed thus:

Thanks John, Is the TA7222AP an equivalent part ?

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Franc Zabkar Inscribed thus:

Hi Franc, Thanks. I couldn't find any meaningful information on the net. I'm guessing that the device must be around 20 years old or so.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

I think that thing was used in a lot of various CB radios, dual function, audio out on receive and used as a driver for the RF, if I'm not mistaken.

I mean it's just a power amp but was wired in so it was doing something in both transmit and receive functions.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

AM CB radios have used a single audio amp since the '60s. The output trnsformer is used as the modulation transformer. The mic is connected, and the speaker disconnected when you transmit.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell