Standby voltage

Hi! I need to know if there is supposed to be 5 Volts on the control board on Visio TV MDL VW37LHDTV20A Thank you for any info I can get. Vince

Reply to
Vince Schmitt

Can't tell you anything about that model, but any device capable of doing anything while in standby, like turn it on with a remote, must have power somewhere...control board is a likely place.

Reply to
mike

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:23:45 -0800, mike put finger to keyboard and composed:

Good point. I'd look for the remote sensor, usually a 3-pin device. Standard pinout would be Gnd, Vcc, Output, not necessarily in that order.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Vizio USUALLY uses a 5 volt standby supply. Many manufacturers label the connetor pins on the output side of the power supply. Something like 5VSB is a solid clue that is the standby supply voltage.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill